Back in March when we made the painful decision to cancel our annual fundraiser because of the local outbreak, we were heartbroken – not least because we had so many fabulous items lined up for our live auction. Sadly, it just wasn’t safe to hold an in-person event and with everything going on, it wasn’t the right time to move online either. Unfortunately, the cancelation left a giant hole in our budget that we’re still trying to fill.
Fast forward to now and the GREAT NEWS! While not everything on our list is viable in the current era, we’ve cherry picked a few of our favorite items from that list that we are sure you’re going to LOVE! And starting August 3rd, we’re launching our TPC Awesome Auction-a-thon to give you a chance to get the good stuff!
You won’t need any special auction login or bidding numbers. You’ll just need Facebook & a credit card or check. (If you don’t have Facebook, you can always get a friend to bid as your proxy.)
Here’s how it will work.
- Every other Monday, a new auction will launch on our Facebook page. We will take bids in the Comments section throughout the week.
- Each auction will close on the following Friday (4 days later) at noon and the highest bidder will be the winner.
- If you’re the winner, we’ll connect with you directly via Facebook Messenger to arrange payment and collection of your item.
Couldn’t be easier! Just be sure to like and follow our Facebook page so you don’t miss any of the action.
Now here’s the schedule of auction items:
- Aug. 3 – Auction 1: Gorgeous Garden Bundle (Value: $370)
- featuring a consultation with landscape designer Colette Highberger, Town Center Hardware gift card, & goodies from Wild Birds Unlimited
- Aug. 17 – Auction 2: Sunburst, Original Acrylic Painting (Est: $250)
- Aug.31 – Auction 3: Third Place Books Gift Card (Value: $100)
- Sept. 14 – Auction 4: Waterfront Hyatt Regency Overnight Bed & Breakfast Package (Value: $260)
- Sept. 28 – Auction 5: Spring Brings Smiles, Original Acrylic Painting (Est: $275)
This auction is your chance to bid high and bid often to help ensure that Third Place Commons and the LFP Farmers Market are here for you and our whole community when all this is finally over.
And in the short run, you’ll get some great stuff for yourself, too!
You can also help by sharing each auction and liking/loving/commenting on our posts to help spread the word!
The fun starts Monday, August 3rd, so get ready to bid!
And one more thing…
Wear Your Support with Pride (and Style)!
Another great way to show your support for Third Place Commons is with a t-shirt, tank, or hoodie from the Lake Forest Park Farmers Market. Each purchase supports the Commons and the Market through these challenging times.
Plus each stylish addition to your wardrobe will help spread the word about our favorite, “locally grown,” and “fresh & fabulous” market. Visit our Bonfire store and get yours today!