Attention creative folks! We’ve got two great opportunities for you this month at the Commons.
For writers, the Commons offers up a chance to take your writing to the next level on Saturday, September 23rd when coach Cami Ostman will offer a full-day writers retreat entitled, Get Your Book Done. During the retreat, you will connect with your community while learning:
- Why your story is important and needs to be written;
- The four main stumbling blocks writers face and how you can crash through them;
- The #1 practice for calming the inner critic; and
- The TOP 3 techniques for staying inspired and keeping your butt in the chair to complete your book (or other writing).
Like every event at Third Place Commons, this event is free and open to everyone. However, registration is requested for the purposes planning and preparation. Register here.
Then, crafters and artists, take note! Applications are now being accepted for the Lake Forest Park Farmers Market’s 2017 Indoor Holiday Crafts Fairs on Sunday, Nov. 19th and Sun, Dec. 10th in conjunction with two special fall farmers markets. (An additional farmers market with no crafts will take place on Nov. 5th.)
The first market will take place just before Thanksgiving so that folks can stock up for their holiday meals and get a jumpstart on their Black Friday shopping. The second takes place just before Hanukkah and in plenty of time to stuff every Christmas stocking with no last-minute panic!
Local and Washington-based artists and crafters in all media are encouraged to apply. Some things you need to know:
· Work must be hand-made in Washington State.
· Artist/Crafter must represent his or her own work at the fairs.
· All complete applications received by Tuesday, October 10th will be considered.
Holiday Crafts Fair applications can be downloaded here.